Transbay Transit Center
Skanska USA Civil West subcontracted with Vigor to fabricate all the structural steel used in the San Francisco’s Transbay Transit Center, widely acknowledged to be the Grand Central Station of the West. Work also included shop trial assembly, delivery and erection of the structural steel for the main transit center facility.
The project included:
- Approximately 1,500 tons of fabricated pipe basket columns on the North, South, East and West sides of the building.
- 600 tons of fabricated light column structure, rings and nodes.
- Bus and roof level edge girders
- 360 tons of roof level fabricated nodes
- Field erection of supplied steel