Vigor Fast Interceptor
- Vessel Type: Military
- Vessel Length: Less than 100 Feet
The Vigor Fast Interceptor (VFI) is a multi-mission craft delivering speed, maneuverability, reliable high performance and superior seakeeping in challenging environments
Based on a proven platform, VFI was developed to meet the needs of governmental agencies around the world.
- High-speed interdiction of marine vessels for the protection of territorial waters or illegal drug enforcement.
- Ability to launch and retrieve unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). This includes the ability to interface, control and transfer communications.
- Enable agencies to address swarm threats (from multiple targets) in an efficient manner.
- Up to a 72 hour mission duration, permitting the opportunity for station keeping and provide a presence in a region.
- Visit, board, search & seizure (VBSS).
- Search and rescue (SAR).
- Dive operations.
|Type:||69’1" (21.0m) Fast Interceptor|
|Designer:||Michael Peters Yacht Design|
|Length (Overall):||69’1" (21.0m)|
|Beam (Overall):||115’6” (4.7m)|
|Draft:||3’ 6” (1.1m)|
|Payload:||10,000 lb (5T)|
|Fuel Capacity:||1,500 gal (5678l)|
|Displacement (Lightship):||50,500 lb (25.25T)|
|Sprint Speed (Approx):||70 knots|
|Cruise Speed (Approx):||45 knots|
|Engines:||(2) MAN V12, 1900 BHP each|
|Surface Drives:||(2) ZF SeaRex 130S Series|
|Helm Joystick Control System:||Vector Controls|
|AC Generators:||(1) Kohler 35kW|
|Hull Type:||SVVT (Step V Ventilated Tunnel)|
Images from this Project
Click images to enlarge.