F/T Ocean Peace
- Customer: Ocean Peace, Inc.
- Industry: Fishing
- Type: Repair & Refit
- Year: 2012
The F/T Ocean Peace is one of the largest factory trawlers in the Amendment 80 Fleet. Her owners turned to Vigor to make her even better. This quick-turn project was completed in about 4 months, greatly increasing the vessel’s fish hold capacity and efficiency.
The dual 6’9” sponsons we added to F/T Ocean Peace were fabricated on-site in our Portland yard by Vigor Industrial sister company, Vigor Fab. We also added a bulbous bow fully equipped with a bow thruster to provide excellent mobility. Length, depth, and crew complement for the DNV classed vessel remained unchanged. As part of our project, we:
- Removed and discarded forward bow sections, shelter deck bulwarks and the existing side shell where sponsons were added.
- Removed and discarded all concrete and foam from the hold bottom as well as lead ingot ballast from the hold bottom and aft voids.
- Reinstalled lead ballast in the forward end.
- Installed new sponsons outboard of the existing hull that extend forward forming a new bulbous bow, aft to the transom, and from the existing lower chine up to and including the command deck bulwarks.
- Rearranged piping and systems to suit new configuration.
- Removed and disposed of the existing incinerator and installed a new one.
- Installed an emergency generator and associated systems.
Ocean Peace, once again leading the way as one of the largest and most efficient factory trawlers in her field.
See a timelapse video of the whole project from start to finish HERE.
Images from this Project
Click images to enlarge.